Ellen Social Club, LLC
Pickleball Set Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations and ordinances. The Pickleball Set Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on 11/14/23 at 4:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 11/17/23 at 11:59:00 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT PROVIDES FOR INDEMNIFICATION OF THE SPONSOR AND OTHER SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BY YOU, A CLASS ACTION AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER, A REQUIREMENT THAT MOST DISPUTES BE SETTLED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION, AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, META PLATFORMS, INC. (INCLUDING INSTAGRAM), OR ITS PARENT COMPANIES.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor for this Sweepstakes is Ellen Social Club, LLC (“Company” or “Sponsor”), 15821 Ventura Blvd., Ste. 370, Encino, CA.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older (19 years of age in Alabama and Nebraska, 21 years of age in Mississippi) and who have an active Instagram profile, set to public, at the time of entry (each, an “Entrant”). Employees, officers, directors and agents of Company, any other company involved in the presentation, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes, and/or their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies and divisions (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (defined as any spouse, partner, parent, legal guardian, sibling, child, legal ward, grandparent, or grandchild, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, log into your Instagram account, navigate to the @ellendegeneres or @ellenshop Instagram page, follow the @ellendegeneres or @ellenshop Instagram Page, like the @ellendegeneres or @ellenshop Sweepstakes post, and mention a friend in the comments of the @ellendegeneres or @ellenshop Sweepstakes post. Upon completing these steps, you will be automatically entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. If you do not have an Instagram account, you can create one for free at www.instagram.com.Ensure that your Instagram account settings allow the @ellendegeneres or @ellenshop Instagram page to contact you via direct messaging in the event that you are selected as a potential winner.
Please note: By entering in this Sweepstakes, you signify and agree that your entry and any other materials submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes may be posted on Sponsor’s website and/or other social media sites or applications associated with the Sweepstakes in a manner that is consistent with these Official Rules. Upon submission of entry in this Sweepstakes, you agree that Sponsor may contact you via social media, including on Instagram, by sending you a direct message, tagging you, posting to your social media page or naming you on Sponsor’s social media page. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. If you are entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
Entries, comments and content submitted or uploaded to any social media sites or other public sites in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Content Submissions”) may not contain, depict or show any content that: (i) is sexually explicit or suggestive, offensive, lewd, profane, obscene, or contains nudity or racist innuendo; (ii) promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; (iii) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor or other companies; (iv) contains trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) or copyrighted materials (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published via websites, television, movies or other media) owned by others, without permission; (v) contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, last names (first names are permitted), email addresses or street addresses for any person other than Entrant, or otherwise infringes on the privacy of any person other than an Entrant; (vi) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and good will of Sponsor’s brand; and/or (vii) violates any law. Any Content Submissions that contain, depict or show such content; that exceed any required file size or length limits imposed by the Sweepstakes Entities or any of the third-party social media sites listed herein; and/or that violate these Content Submission requirements, the terms of these Official Rules, and or the terms and conditions of any such third-party social media site will be disqualified. Content may not include music. If a Content Submission contains an identifiable third party other than Entrant, by submitting the Content Submission, the Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained the consent of such person to the Sweepstakes Entities’ use of the Content Submission. Entrant may be required to supply such third-party written consent to the Sweepstakes Entities upon request. The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right in their sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Content Submission that they believe is inappropriate or not suitable for publication, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON THROUGHOUT THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES IN EXCESS OF THE LIMIT MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated entries, entries which use or in any way incorporate artificial intelligence or any other simulation of human intelligence or process through the use of a machine or computer system (collectively, “Artificial Intelligence”), either in the creation or submission of the entry or as a part of any entry, and/or third-party entries are prohibited. Any entry that was created by using, or in any way incorporates, Artificial Intelligence, or that was created or made by a third party, will be void, and the entrant who submitted such an entry may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, addresses or any other method will void all of that entrant’s entries, and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected or illegible entries; lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware) or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant.The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.Entries specifying an invalid, non-working or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about 11/18/23, Sponsor will select the name of potential winners of prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner[s] will be notified on or about 11/19/23 by a direct message from @ellenshop.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted after the first attempt to contact them, or if they fail to sign and return any documentation that Sponsor may require within the required time period (if applicable), if potential winner is unable or unavailable to claim prize within any time period specified by Sponsor, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If Sponsor is unable to determine and verify a potential winner after repeated alternate drawings or if they fail to receive a sufficient number of entries to correspond to the number of prize(s) available to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to not award any or all of the prize(s).
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- PRIZES: There will be one (1) of prize(s) awarded.Each prize consists of two (2) pickleball sets from EllenShop.com. Each pickleball set includes: two (2) paddles, one (1) cotton tote bag, and two (2) pickle balls.Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $210. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $210.Limit one (1) prize per person.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at their discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, prize winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of the prize delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or those outside of their control. If the fulfilling merchant cancels the order for reasons out of Sponsor’s control, the prize will not be delivered and no additional compensation will be provided.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements (in any and/or all media) contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or to undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect entries and (a) suspend the Sweepstakes and modify the Sweepstakes to address the impairment, then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) terminate the Sweepstakes and award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, META PLATFORMS, INC. (INCLUDING INSTAGRAM), AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), AND THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SWEEPSTAKES CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERRORISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, PANDEMICS, EPIDEMICS, WIDESPREAD ILLNESS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT OR OCCURRENCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
- PUBLICITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RELEASE: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES WINNER’S PERMISSION AND GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR) AND ITS DESIGNEES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, HOMETOWN AND STATE), PRIZE INFORMATION, QUOTES ATTRIBUTABLE TO WINNER, AND ANY OTHER ELEMENTS OF ENTRANT’S PERSONA FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION OR NOTIFICATION, INCLUDING IN A LIST TO BE USED BY SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES AND ITS PARTNERS TO RE-TARGET ENTRANTS VIA EMAIL OR ANY SPONSOR APP, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT FOR ANY MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH INDIVIDDUAL PRIZES, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING EACH WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- GOVERNING LAW/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT (OR ENTRANT’S PARENT IF ENTRANT IS UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE/JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE) AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- DISPUTES. Entrants and Sponsor each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Los Angeles County, California and any other court with jurisdiction over the Parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The Parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”), available at https://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/#:~:text=(a)%20The%20JAMS%20Streamlined%20Arbitration,%24250%2C000%2C%20not%20including%20interest%20or, or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either Party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in Los Angeles, California. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Los Angeles County, California. Sponsor agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of entrant to attend the arbitration hearing). Either Party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
- SEVERABILITY: If any term of provision or these Official Rules is found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific term or provision shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall continue in full force and effect.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://www.ellenshop.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Ellen Social Club, LLC, 15821 Ventura Blvd., Ste. 370, Encino, CA.For a list of winners available after winners have been confirmed, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by no later than 6 months after the end of the Promotion Period to: Ellen Social Club, LLC, 15821 Ventura Blvd., Ste. 370, Encino, CA. Vermont residents may exclude return postage on requests for Official Rules.
Copyright ©2023 Ellen Social Club, LLC. All rights reserved.