Ellen's Monthly Sweepstakes
• NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
• VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
• AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
• ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A BINDING CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The Ellen’s Monthly Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by FUDD Ink. (the “Sponsor”) and is intended for viewing, or as applicable, participation in the United States and Canada (but excluding Quebec) only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this Sweepstakes if you are not a legal resident of the United States or Canada (excluding residents of Quebec), or if you are a legal resident of the United States or Canada (excluding resident of Quebec) and you do not fall within the eligibility requirements set forth in the official rules below.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States (50 states and District of Columbia, but specifically excluding the territory of Puerto Rico) and to legal residents of Canada who are residing in Canada (but excluding residents of Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years old and over as of the date of entry. Neither Sponsor nor employees of Sponsor, “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” Warner Bros. Discovery, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Telepictures Productions, Inc., and all of their respective partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, Entities, trustees, franchisees, licensees, distributors, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives and agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”) are eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and/or win any Sweepstakes prize (as further defined below). Additionally, relatives of such employees and persons living in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to win. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, “relatives” is defined as spouse, domestic partner, parent, in-laws, grandparent, brother, sister, children and grandchildren.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Online entry is the only method of entry for the Sweepstakes.
To Enter the Sweepstakes, click on the links provided in Ellen email newsletters and/or in posts made on Ellen’s social media accounts. You will be brought to a web page that contains the registration form where you will be prompted to enter your information (“Web Site”). By submitting your information, your name will be automatically entered into a random drawing for the Prize (defined below) from among all eligible entries received. All entries must be submitted at the Web Site, during the period that the Sweepstakes is being offered, according to all applicable directions as listed on the Web Site, or the entry will be void. Those who do not fill in all the required fields will be disqualified.
3. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person/household during the Entry Period. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an on-line entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail account submitted with the entry. As used herein, the “authorized holder of the e-mail account” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void.
4. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: One (1) prize winner will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The prize winner will be selected by random drawing conducted by Sponsor. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winner. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner will be final. The potential winner will be notified using the information provided during entry by any of the following methods (to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) email, telephone, mail, a post on the potentially winning entry or through a direct message on a social media platform (if applicable) in a commercially reasonable time after the drawing. The potential winner must respond within twenty-four (24) hours and in accordance with the instructions in the notification or the prize may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be forfeited. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an email and/or direct message on a social media platform. placing of a phone call, one (1) day after sending via a delivery service or two (2) days after mailing. The potential prize winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address and this may cause a delay in notification and acceptance so use of a P.O. Box is discouraged. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email messages.
The potential winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement / Declaration of Compliance (if a Canadian resident), or other documents(s) as required by Sponsor (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize(s) to an alternate winner. Parents or legal guardians of any prize winner under the age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Affidavit in order for the prize winner to be qualified to receive his or her prize(s). If the potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
If a potential winner is a Canadian resident that potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question before being declared an actual winner. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and affidavit/release procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate Prizewinner, if any. A total of one (1) Prize winner will be selected.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of entries received.
6. PRIZE: Unless indicated otherwise on the Web Site, one (1) Prize will be awarded for each Sweepstakes. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Prize will vary by Sweepstakes, but in no event shall such Prize be valued equal to or more than five thousand U.S. Dollars ($5,000 USD). Prize is non-transferable, with no equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. The winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prize(s) received. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Unclaimed prize(s) will be forfeited. Prize, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prize(s) or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If a winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor Entities will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No more than the stated prize(s) will be awarded. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, in any, between the actual value of the prize(s) at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or material.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Subject to applicable law, winner irrevocably grants the Sponsor Entities, and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees, the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness, state of residency, and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any compensation, obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prize to the winner.
9. TAMPERING WITH SWEEPSTAKES: The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM OR APPLICATION) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
10. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or prize. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (a) to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes, without liability, should causes beyond Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection) corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; or (b) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
11. RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant (or entrant’s parent if entrant is under the age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence) agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor Entities and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes (including travel to/from any Sweepstakes activity); (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that the Released Parties have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants (or entrant’s parent if entrant is under the age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence) agree that the Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor interruption or inability to access the website, application or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Each entrant (or entrant’s parent if entrant is under the age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence) further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a Supplier that may be sent along with a prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the social media platform used for purposes of administering this Sweepstakes that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use the social media platform for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via the social media platform, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. If entrant is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must agree to these Official Rules, including, without limitation, this Section. By entering, ALL participants IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, participant’s HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, LEGAL SUCCESSORS AND/OR ASSIGNS release and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the SPONSOR AND ALL SPONSOR ENTITIES From and against any and all claims, demands, losses and causes of action for any DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONSEQUENTIAL, punitive, AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES), liability, loss, cost, fees (including attorneys’ fees), including, without limitation, damage to PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of THE acceptance, possession, REDEMPTION, MISDIRECTION, use or misuse of ANY prize OR ANY PORTION OF ANY PRIZE (including any activity OR TRAVEL related thereto) or participation in the CONTEST and the ACTIVITIES OR FOR ANY And all claims based on rights of publicity and rights of privacy WHETHER any of these things are CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE ACTS, OMISSIONS, NEGLIGENCE OR MISCONDUCT OF THE SPONSOR AND/OR THE SPONSOR ENTITIES.
12. ENTRY INFORMATION AND SWEEPSTAKES COMMUNICATIONS: As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant (or entrant’s parent if entrant is under the age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence) gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address, email, and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrant provides to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Sweepstakes or on a Sweepstakes winner’s list.
13. GOVERNING LAW / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT (OR ENTRANT’S PARENT IF ENTRANT IS UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE/JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE) AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Entrants (or entrant’s parent if entrant is under the age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence), Sponsor, and the Released Parties (each, a “Party” and collectively the “Parties”) each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Los Angeles County, California and any other court with jurisdiction over the Parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The Parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either Party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in Los Angeles, California. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Los Angeles County, California. Sponsor agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of entrant to attend the arbitration hearing). Either Party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
16. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Telepictures Productions Inc., c/o FUDD Ink., 3500 West Olive, Suite 1000, Burbank, CA 91505. Please indicate which Sweepstakes winner’s list you are requesting by referencing the name of the Sweepstakes in your request.
17. SPONSOR: FUDD Ink, 3500 West Olive, Suite 1000, Burbank, CA 91505. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Sweepstakes.
© 2023 Telepictures Productions Inc. All rights reserved.